When health consumers are connected into the process of delivering health services there are better results all round.
Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District is committed to involving consumers in the design and delivery of health services, as well as consulting with consumers about health issues.
Health Consumer Working Groups
Following the success of the Community Health Forums, Health Consumer Working Groups have are being established in the Blue Mountains, Hawkesbury, Lithgow and Nepean areas.
Lend your voice to health in our community
Do you have experience as a user (consumer) of health services or as a carer of a person who is a consumer of health services?
We are looking for people who live in the Blue Mountains, Hawkesbury, Lithgow and Nepean areas who have the skills, or can be trained, to be consumer representatives.
What we are seeking in our Health Consumer Representatives
- Speak from your own experience as a health consumer?
- Represent the views of health consumers and your community?
- Communicate effectively?
- Work collaboratively with others?
It is desirable if you also have:
- Previous experience as a health consumer or community representative.
- The ability to mentor and support other consumer representatives.
Further selection criteria is outlined in the Health Consumer Information Package.
Tuesday, 28 October 2014 2:45:33 PM