On Monday 28 November 2016, the NSW Government committed $550 million for Stage 1 of the Nepean Redevelopment.
The redevelopment will deliver Penrith and its surrounding areas with contemporary, integrated clinical and community-based health services to meet the communities’ needs now, and well into the future.It will also help to strengthen the Nepean Hospital’s position as a leading tertiary, research and referral hospital in NSW.
NSW Premier Mike Baird and Health Minister Jillian Skinner visited Nepean Hospital on Monday 28 November 2016 and announced a commitment of $550 million to deliver the first phase of the Nepean Redevelopment.This is in addition to the $26 million allocated to construct a new 650 space car park.
This significant funding announcement will ensure key clinical service priorities that were identified in the NBMLHD’s clinical services plan and in the recent value management workshop with key health and community representatives, can be delivered.The first phase of the redevelopment will include:
- A new clinical services block
- A new and expanded Emergency Department
- Expanded and upgraded medical imaging
- At least 12 new operating theatres
- 18 birthing suites in new accommodation, an increase of ten
- A new Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- More than 200 overnight beds in new accommodation
- A new helipad
- New community health services
The funding commitment by NSW Government will enable Nepean Hospital to deliver world-class facilities to support all of our communities well into the future.
Consultation and User Groups are well underway and will continue well into next year as the planning and design phases progress.
In parallel with the redevelopment planning, interim works will be progressed as soon as possible.
The following upgrades will be carried out by the redevelopment team in the short-term:
- Expansion of medical oncology services with doubling of chemotherapy chairs from 15 to 30.
The NBMLHD will also carry out the following interim works:
- Planning for the construction of a third radiotherapy bunker and new linear accelerator.
- Relocation and replacement of the existing MRI.
- Upgrades to the Emergency Department including a dedicated paediatric assessment and treatment area, establishment of a safe assessment room; mobile duress system and access control upgrades.
- Refurbishment to provide an additional birthing suite.
- Some expansion of day surgery.
Getting consumer input into the planning and the design of the redevelopment is essential to ensure we build health facilities that will meet the needs of our communities well into the future.
If you're interested in participating please fill in the attached form. Details about how to submit this document are included in the form. Download form.
Download our latest Newsletter: August 2017
Download our latest fact sheet: 27 June 2017
If you would like further information about the redevelopment or have a specific question please contact HI-Nepeanredevelopment@health.nsw.gov.au