COVID-19 Clinic Information
Where are NBMLHD COVID-19 Clinics?
- Penrith Drive-through Clinic, Club Paceway (enter via Ransley St, off Mulgoa Road), 9am to 4pm, seven days a week - view map
- Hawkesbury Showground* Drive-through Clinic (enter via Gate 3 Racecourse Road, Clarendon), 10am to 12:30pm & 1pm to 3pm, Monday to Friday, closed Public Holidays - view map
- Blue Mountains Hospital Drive-through Clinic (enter via Woodlands Road), 9am to 12:30pm & 1pm to 4pm, seven days a week - view map
Drive-through clinics are open for vehicular traffic only. If you have access to a car you should attend the Penrith Drive-through clinic or the Hawkesbury Drive-through clinic.
- Lithgow Hospital (via main entrance) (10am to 3pm, 7 days)
- Nepean Hospital (via West Block entrance) (9am to 4:30pm, 7 days) (open for pedestrians and staff ONLY) view map
*Please note walk-in clinics operating at Blue Mountains Hospital and Hawkesbury Hospital have now closed. Please use the drive-through option for these areas.
In addition to our clinics, there are also GP-led respiratory clinics in the Penrith, Hawkesbury and Blue Mountains areas. You do not need a referral for the GP-led clinics. If your GP has given you a referral for a COVID-19 test you can attend some private pathology centres and be tested there.
You may also attend a walk-in and drive-through clinic operating at the Koolyangarra Aboriginal Family Centre in Cranebrook. No referral is required. Download the flyer here.
When should I be tested?
Our Clinics are for anyone experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
COVID-19 symptoms include:
- tiredness (fatigue)
- sore throat
- shortness of breath
Other reported symptoms of COVID-19 include loss of smell, loss of taste, runny nose, muscle pain, joint pain, diarrhoea, nausea/vomiting and loss of appetite.
You should also attend this Clinic if your GP or the Public Health Unit has asked you to get a test.
Health care workers, aged care workers or workers in other high risk or residential care settings with symptoms are urged to come forward immediately for testing, and to make sure they let our staff know their occupational status.
Please bring along your Medicare card to assist with the registration process.
How do I get my test results?
If you have been tested at one of our COVID-19 clinics your results will be sent to your mobile usually within 72 hours.
Please remember, to receive your results you must register your mobile by sending the words ‘my result’ to 0488 826 572.
You will immediately receive an SMS response asking you to verify your identity.
There are also instructions on the handout you received at the Clinic.
Updated 22 June 2020