COVID-19 Clinic Information
Please note: Our drive-through clinics may temporarily close at short notice due to severe weather including extreme heat, thunderstorms and high winds.
Where are NBMLHD COVID-19 Clinics?
- Penrith Drive-through Clinic, Club Paceway (enter via Ransley St, off Mulgoa Road), 9am to 4pm, seven days a week (Please note on Saturday 6 March this clinic will be closed for the day and reopen on Sunday 7 March.)
- Regatta Centre Drive-through Clinic, Sydney International Regatta Centre (enter via Gate B, Old Castlereagh Road, Castlereagh), 1pm to 4pm, Monday to Friday. (Please note this clinic will be open on Saturday 6 March only from 9am to 4pm and will return to its regular operating hours on Monday 8 March.)
- A limited walk-in COVID-19 testing service operates from Nepean Hospital, 9am to 1230pm and 1pm to 4pm (go to exterior of West Block entry), seven days a week. If you can, we prefer you attend one of our drive-through clinics, where you can remain in the comfort of your car.
- Blue Mountains Hospital Drive-through Clinic (enter via Woodlands Road), 9am to 1230pm & 1pm to 4pm, seven days a week.
- Hawkesbury Showground Drive-through Clinic (enter via Gate 3 Racecourse Road, Clarendon), 9am to 12midday, Monday to Friday. Please note from Monday 22 February 2021 this clinic changed operation hours to 9am to 12 noon Monday to Friday.
- Lithgow Hospital Walk-in Clinic, 9am to 12pm & 1pm to 4pm, Monday to Friday.
An A4 flyer listing all the District operated COVID-19 clinics is available to download here.
Are there other Clinics available?
In addition to our clinics, there are also GP-led respiratory clinics in the Penrith, Hawkesbury and Blue Mountains areas. You do not need a referral for the GP-led clinics. If your GP has given you a referral for a COVID-19 test you can attend some private pathology centres and be tested there.
You may also attend a walk-in and drive-through clinic operating at the Koolyangarra Aboriginal Family Centre in Cranebrook. No referral is required. Download the flyer here.
When should I be tested?
Our Clinics are for anyone experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
COVID-19 symptoms include:
- tiredness (fatigue)
- sore throat
- shortness of breath
Other reported symptoms of COVID-19 include loss of smell, loss of taste, runny nose, muscle pain, joint pain, diarrhoea, nausea/vomiting and loss of appetite.
You should also attend this Clinic if your GP or the Public Health Unit has asked you to get a test.
Health care workers, aged care workers or workers in other high risk or residential care settings with symptoms are urged to come forward immediately for testing, and to make sure they let our staff know their occupational status.
Please bring along your Medicare card to assist with the registration process.
How do I get my test results?
If you have been tested at one of our COVID-19 clinics your results will be sent to your mobile usually within 24 hours.
Please remember, to receive your results you must register your mobile by sending the words ‘my result’ to 0480 050 018.
You will immediately receive an SMS response asking you to verify your identity.
There are also instructions on the handout you received at the Clinic.
Updated 7 January 2021