This section provides information to assist education providers to request clinical placements at NBMLHD facilities. Please note all student bookings are managed through ClinConnect. Up to date information about Facilities, placement specialties and availabilities are routinely updated in ClinConnect.
Student Placement Agreements
Education providers must have a Student Placement Agreement (SPA) with NBMLHD prior to requesting placements in ClinConnect.
To establish a SPA with NBMLHD please contact the ClinConnect Coordinator
Nursing and Midwifery Facilitation Model
Nursing and Midwifery student placements within NBMLHD facilities use an internal facilitation model. Facilitators are released from their substantive position to undertake student nurse/midwife supervision whilst on clinical placement within NBMLHD facility for the time of the student placement.
The benefits of this model includes:
- Increased student satisfaction
- Increased ward satisfaction
- Staff development opportunities
- Greater integration of the student into the healthcare team
- Enhanced clinical skill and knowledge development for the student
- Early identification of the student with knowledge and/or skill deficits and implementation of an education plan for the placement
- Improved relationships with education providers
Please note a fee-for-service will be charged for facilitation of student placements.
Please contact Barbra Monley for further information
Thursday, 26 July 2018 2:41:29 PM