How do we support our staff?
Clinical Supervision is a confidential dedicated time away from the workplace to reflect on your experiences in clinical practice and work situations. It provides a place for participants to evaluate and reflect on their experiences, develop clinical practice and provide and receive support from others.
Examples of discussions include:
- issues arising from patient care
- interactions with patients
- relatives and other staff
- professional boundaries and working within a large organisation.
All sessions are facilitated by a trained supervisor and run for a minimum of 1 hour.
NBMLHD has developed clear career pathways to assist with the development of staff and encourage a culture of support and accountability for our workforce.
Career pathways and associated manuals will assist staff to:
- demonstrate a clearer understanding of their role and professional development opportunities in NBMLHD
- use the developed tools to promote and support their professional development
- use survey results for future reports, research, presentations and to potentially assist with similar projects
- understand the review process of the career pathway tools and competently conduct their annual review to ensure they are meeting the needs of the nursing staff, remain evidence based and up to date with advancements in essential knowledge, skills and technology.
Leadership and Management Development programs
NBMLHD offers a number of programs to support staff in the areas of leadership and management. These programs include:
- Aspiring Mentoring Program
- Leadership Development
- Talent Development
- Team Building / Team Culture
- Mentoring and coaching workshop
- Manager Development Program
- Myers Briggs Type Indicators
- Emotional Intelligence
- BSBHRM405 Support the recruitment, selection and induction of staff
- BSBMGT502 Manage people performance
- Team leader
Monday, 10 February 2020 2:39:45 PM