DURING COVID-19 THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THESE PAGES MAY NOT BE ACCURATE. PLEASE CHECK WITH THE HEALTH FACILITY FOR CURRENCY.
Location and Contact
Facility: Blue Mountains Hospital
Address: Allied Health Department, LOT 3 Woodlands Road, Katoomba NSW 2780
Phone: 02 4784 6663
Fax: 02 4784 6985
Patients who present with the following issues:
- Active foot ulceration (ankle or below)
- History of ulceration (ankle or below) within the last 2 years, now healed
- Identified foot pathology and/or peripheral arterial disease and/or peripheral neuropathy (loss of protective sensation)
- History of single lower limb amputation
- Other chronic and complex health problem affecting ankle or below (eg. Rheumatoid arthritis with severe deformity, hx of osteomyelitis, gangrene, Charcot's arthropathy)
How to Refer
Referrals can be faxed to the podiatrist for review on 02 4784 6985
Referral Requirements and Pre Diagnosis
Patients will be deemed eligible upon strict screening and assessment. Those who do not meet the inclusion criteria will be discharge accordingly.
On occasion, the clinician may use their discretion to accept those who do not meet the above mentioned criteria.
Clinical / Service Exclusion:
- No specified foot pathology (require general nail care/cutting only)
- Full protective sensation
- No signs of peripheral arterial disease
- Person who has a current workers compensation or third party claim
- Person eligible to receive services from a Department of Veteran Affairs service provider
- Person residing in Group Home who is eligible for FACS/ADHC services
- Person residing in Aged Care facility
- Person receiving Home Care package level 3-4
||Day(s) of Clinic
Monday - All day
Every second Tuesday - All day
Documents to be completed
Content goes here.
Patient Information Brochures
Content goes here.
Thursday, 27 April 2017 2:08:31 PM