The responsibilities of the Directorate of Nursing and Midwifery is to develop, monitor and report all aspects of professional activities provided by nurses and midwives employed within the boundaries of Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District. By overseeing the standards of professional clinical practices, the Executive Director of Nursing and Midwifery is able to influence quality care of patients and their carers/family, to optimise health outcome. The focus of the Directorate is to ensure that:
By overseeing the standards of professional clinical practices, the Executive Director of Nursing and Midwifery is able to influence quality care of patients and their carers/family, to optimise health outcome.
The focus of the Directorate is to ensure that:
- There is a nursing and midwifery workforce that is appropriate to meet the service needs
- Optimum patient care is delivered by review of clinical practice with the focus on quality and safety, continuous improvement and person centered care.
- A professional development and innovation framework is available to support the development of clinical practice and patient care delivery that will provide an infrastructure for nurses and midwives to excel
Predicted changes brought about by demographic patterns, patient profiles, clinical service trends and workforce characteristics mean that individual nurses and midwives need an innovative professional practice infrastructure.
The Nursing and Midwifery Directorate collaborates in the development, implementation and review of policies, practices and partnerships needed to provide the professional practice infrastructure to further enhance nurses' and midwives' clinical practice.
The LHD Directorate of Nursing and Midwifery works directly with the local Directors of Nursing and Midwifery of each hospital and community service to provide the nursing and midwifery leadership to fulfill the strategic goals of the NBMLHD.
The LHD Directorate of Nursing and Midwifery is the single point of accountability for professional clinical practice and services provided by nurses and midwives employed across the Local Health District.
The Director of Nursing and Midwifery is committed to providing the best service to nurses and midwives to facilitate leading standards of professional practices that will enhance the health of the population of Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District both now and in the future.
The facilities and community health services within the LHD are:
- Blue Mountains District ANZAc Memorial Hospital
- Hawkesbury District Health Service Ltd
- Lithgow Integrated Health Service
- Nepean Hospital
- Portland Tabulam Health service
Nursing and Midwifery Careers information.
Tuesday, 12 May 2015 10:21:23 AM