Work With Us
The Postnatal Unit is an integral part of Women and Children’s Health at Nepean Hospital, a Level 6 Tertiary Referral teaching hospital. We provide women centred care to over 4000 women and babies per year, our current birth rate is 4200 per year. We provide a high standard of midwifery care to women and their families that reflects current evidence based practice. The Postnatal Unit consists of collaborative multidisciplinary team including midwives, nurses, paediatricians, obstetricians and allied health.
We offer a diverse range of professional development opportunities with the support of Clinical Midwifery Educators including:
- new graduate and transition support programs
- ongoing rotational opportunities to help you maintain all your midwifery/nursing skills.
- mentoring and facilitating programs
- Education and training opportunities
- continuing Professional Development programs such as perineal suturing, speculum examination, cannulation, Discharge of the Well baby (DAWN), Lactation Consultant,
- Clinical Midwifery Specialist, Secondment and succession planning opportunities
- research opportunities, Nepean Hospital is affiliated with Western Sydney University, Sydney University and the University of Technology Sydney
The planned Redevelopment of Nepean hospital, including a new 48 bed Postnatal Ward, will also provide an exciting opportunity to be involved in the planning and development of new innovative Postnatal service.
Monday, 9 April 2018 2:05:06 PM